Thursday, April 19, 2012

Things I Am Thankful For Today

I am thankful for a pediatrician that cares.  Yesterday, while FigNewTon was having a recheck for some problems she has been having, I hear him in the hallway saying to a nurse, "NO!  May 17 is not OK.  You call him back and tell him he has time to see her today."  

I am also thankful for the friendship and trust that the pedi and cardiologist have with each other because when we get to the cardi he shows up in full surgery gear and says, "I have not had time to read the notes and I honestly have no idea why Bernie felt it necessary that you be seen today so could you tell me why you think you are here."  He then proceeded to run a few simple tests and reassure me that  FigNewTon  is not going to die unexpectedly in the next few weeks while we figure out what is going on.  

I am thankful that Butterfly's neurologist was willing to reschedule her appointment for yesterday afternoon with no charge even though I cancelled at the last minute to take FigNewTon to the cardi.  

As always, I am thankful for the daily blessings God gives like shelter and food as well as the comforts we so easily become accustomed to.  

I am thankful that He guides me in daily life and carries me when I have no strength.  

I am thankful for friends that understand when life gets hard and I begin to hibernate; those that are there when I return and those that reach out to keep me going when I don't have the frame of mind to stay connected.  I need both kinds of friends and I am thankful that God has gifted me with them all.  

I am thankful for freecycle and garage sale sites that make it easy for me to get rid of excess stuff.  I am thankful that I am not attached to my things and can so easily get rid of them.  


What about you?  What blessings are you thankful for today?

No comments: